Wednesday, July 7, 2010

In Australia, swimsuits are known as “cossies.” In the UK and Ireland, they are called “togs"

I like this summer alot. It's nice. But I sorta miss my old summers. When I went to camp and got to read all of the time and not get on the computer twenty four seven. And I had alot less on my plate back then. For example: a boyfriend, a job, chores, facebook, babysitting, a car, harder decisions. Don't get me wrong, I like having all this stuff, it's just alot to deal with.
But enough about me, I know thats not what your here for.
So in about 20 minutes, I will start reading the rest of Tempted. Before that I will get on a website that will tell me what I need to do after I read The Scarlett Letter. If you're in AP English next year, I suggest you do the same. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. When I was growing up (in Australia) swimsuits (on children anyway) were called either togs or bathers. (Mostly bathers.) These days cossies, short for swimming costumes, I hear on Australian television, but probably only by women in reference to women's fashions, or maybe Olympic male and female swimming athletes. I never hear cossies used in real-life speech! :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I read this on a random website and decided to post this :) But I'm glad I know the real words now!

    ReplyDelete